To ensure the performance of your WESTAR timepiece:
- Keep your watch clean with a soft dry cloth.
- Avoid contact with perfumes, spirits or petroleum products as these may damage the watch plating
- Ensure that the crown, which is used to change the hands/date, is properly pushed in at all times. This prevents penetration by water or dust.
- Avoid abrasions as scratching may eventually affect the case and bracelet.
- If your watch has a leather strap, do not wear it too tightly fastened or expose it to water.
- Avoid subjecting your watch to rapid changes in temperature.
- When not being worn, keep your watch in a cool dry place.
- To ensure reliable performance your watch should be serviced at least once every three years.
- Your watch must be returned to an official WESTAR agent for servicing and repair requirements.
- If your watch needs a new battery please visit a Westar authorised service center
HOW WATER-RESISTANT IS MY WATCH?
The water resistance of your watch is engraved on the case back of your timepiece and expressed in ATM or meters and feet. Please note this measure does not coincide with an actual depth to which you can immerse your watch, but is a correspondence to the measure unit usually used in watchmaking: atmosphere (ATM). Here is a list of equivalence between ATMs, feet and meters.
1-2 ATM – 10m – 33 ft
3 ATM – 30m – 100 ft
5 ATM – 50m – 165 ft
10 ATM – 100m – 330 ft
30 ATM – 300m – 1000ft